For complete details and REGISTRATION, click on the red "VIEW" button below, next to the camp that you are interested in.
A Note from Coach Quigley Smith
I am so excited to welcome you all back SIUE! We are looking forward to getting back to a new normal and have you all participate in our summer of basketball camps. Our camps give you an opportunity to work with our student-athletes and the new coaching staff here at SIUE. Our goal is to help you increase your basketball skills in a fun and competitive environment. We look forward to seeing you this summer!
Quick Hitter Info on Camps
June 19, Elite Camp
: For girls entering grades 8th and up. This camp is designed specifically for the competitive player with the goal of playing at the next level.
About SIUE Women's Basketball Camps
The Cougars are a Division I program located in Southern Illinois, about 20 minutes East of St. Louis, MO in the community of Edwardsville, IL. Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville competes in the Ohio Valley Conference (OVC) under the leadership of Head Coach Samantha Quigley Smith, who recently has acquired the new position as our Head Coach at SIUE!
The SIUE Women's Basketball Coaching staff and current players will be the instructors and camp counselors for each camp. We strive to have a fun-filled camp experience that focuses on teaching the fundamentals of basketball to each camper. We will provide campers with the instruction, repetition, and competition opportunities to allow them to continue to improve even after camp has concluded.
*SIUE Employee Discount available - please email Angel Whetstone (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
CAMP SAFETY MEASURES:
1. All campers and staff will complete Wellness Screening every day of camp
2. Masks will be worn at all times by all campers and camp staff
3. Only camp staff and campers will be allowed in gyms
4. A designated traffic flow will be adhered to for entering and exiting the building for drop off and pick up.
5. Parents will not be allowed into gym spaces to control distancing, we apologize
6. Groups will remain the same for the duration of each camp, including camp coaches
7. Each group will have their own designated ball carts, with no intermixing between courts
8. Balls and any common surfaces will be sanitized before and after every camp and between sessions
9. Sanitization stations will be available at each court
10. Campers will be distanced at all times from other camp groups
11. Each group will have a designated area of distanced spaces for water bottles and personal items
All camps will operate following state COVID protocols for high school and youth sports. This can be found at:
2021 Basketball Elite Camp
SIUE Sports Camps provide athletes of all ages the opportunity to develop their skills in a fun, sportsman-like atmosphere. Campers receive fundamental instruction, sport-specific strategies and the chance to meet new people. Our goal is to offer sports camps that challenge athletes and promote individual improvement that will lead to athletic success.
The mission and values of the Athletics Department is in alignment and complements the mission of the University with a focus on excellence, opportunity, compliance and increasing and enhancing the University's visibility and image.