This camp is instructed to allow attendees to feel what it is like to be a part of the nationally ranked Chippewa wrestling program! Arrive at this camp with the expectation of being pushed to your breaking point.
Those attending the camp can expect:
Early morning conditioning (stadium workouts, track workouts, distance runs); Three intense sessions every day that feature technique, hard drilling, and live wrestling; Intense competition in every structured activity; Daily technique and analysis; Structured drilling & combative wrestling; Strength training and conditioning; Training with current CMU wrestlers; 20 total sessions.
Tom Borrelli - Head Coach
- 27 seasons as head coach at CMU.
- His tenure includes 13 MAC regular season titles, 14 MAC tournament Championships, 40 All-Americans.
- Named MAC Coach of the year 12 times.
- Seven Top 15 NCAA Tournament finishes in the past 10 years.
- 2004 National Wrestling Coaches Association Bob Bubb Coaching Excellence Award winner
- National Coach of the Year in 1998.
Ben Bennett - Assistant Coach
- 5th season as an assistant coach.
- First 4-time All-American in CMU Athletics history & also captured 4 MAC titles.
- 2012 MAC Wrestler of the year & 2010 MAC Freshman of the year.
- Finished his career with the fourth best career winning percentage (.834) in school history & the sixth-most career wins (121).
Ryan Cubberly - Assistant Coach
- 3rd season as an assistant coach.
- 3-time varsity letterman from 2009-2011.
- Served as the head assistant coach at Ashland (Ohio) University from 2012-2015.
- Helped coach 22 national qualifiers, 9 All-Americans, 16 Academic All-Americans & 1 national runner-up.
Dylan Peters - Assistant Coach
- 1st season as an assistant coach
- 2-time All-American and 4-time NCAA Tournament qualifier for the University of Northern Iowa
- 125lb Mid American Conference champion (MAC) in 2014 and 4 time Mid American Conference finalist
- 3-time National Wrestling Coaches Association All-Academic Team and 2-time Academic All-MAC honeree