The University of Pittsburgh volleyball program is excited to offer its 2019 volleyball camps courtesy of Dan Fisher Volleyball Camps. Campers will have the opportunity to learn the same fundamentals and training techniques currently used by the Pitt Volleyball team to help improve their overall game.
This year, we are providing a variety of camps that will be taught by the 2018-19 coaching staff and current Panther players in a fun and competitive environment. We are very excited about our recent successes, most notably winning the ACC and making it to the second round of the NCAA tournament, as well as the future of our program. We hope that you will be a part of it!
We would love to have your support at the camps and are looking forward to getting in the gym with each of you!
Head Volleyball Coach
University of Pittsburgh
2017 ACC Coach of Year
2016 Pan-American Cup Head Coach – Bronze Medal Winner
2015 Pan-American Games Head Coach – Gold Medal Winner
4 NCAA All-America Selections
193 Career Wins
117-44 Overall Record at Pitt
.727 Overall Win Percentage at Pitt
14 All-ACC Selections
Four Straight Top-50 RPI Seasons
Back-to-Back NCAA Tournament Appearances
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I submit my online registration and payment for camp?
- You can register online at www.DanFisherVolleyballCamps.com
- There is a $50 processing fee for any camp cancellations. No refunds will be given 2 weeks before the camp date.
- Commuter walk-ups for any camp are welcome. No walks for residential campers as housing arrangements need to be finalized 2 weeks before the start of the camp date.
- Where do I check in for camp and overnight housing?
- Check in for all commuter and Overnight camps will be done at Sutherland Hall. Once check in is complete, camp staff will walk all campers over to the Fitzgerald Fieldhouse.
- Campers will have 24-hour security and supervision while staying in the dorms by Camp Staff and Resident Hall Staff.
- Parking/Campus Map
- To view the campus map of the University of Pittsburgh, please click this link http://www.pitt.edu/documents/campusmap0607.pdf
- Parking is available on Upper Campus in the OC Lot. Price of Parking: $7 on weekdays and $5 on weekends. There is no re-entry into the lot.
- Camp’s will be held at the Fitzgerald Field House. The Field House is labeled on the map at FHOUS A2.
- What should I bring to camp?
- Campers are provided water and Gatorade during camp hours. Campers should bring a water bottle, kneepads, volleyball/tennis shoes, athletic clothes; t-shirt, spandex, shorts, etc.
- Overnight campers need to bring volleyball gear, toiletries, and sweats/shorts to wear around the dorms.
- Is the gym air-conditioned?
- The Fitzgerald Field House has no air conditioning.
- The Peterson Events Center Practice Gym is air-conditioned.
- Dorm Living:
- The Sutherland Hall Dorms are located on Upper Campus. Campers need to bring a pillow, pillowcase, sheets, and towels. Sutherland dorms are double occupancy with a semi private bathroom.
- To request a roommate, please make note on the registration form, otherwise you will be roomed with a camper at random.
- Camp Meals:
- Meals will be located in the Sutherland Dining Hall, the Perch, which includes an assortment of cafeteria style food.
- Lunch is provided at the Coed Day Camp.
- All Skills & Team Camp Residence will receive dinner on Friday; breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday; breakfast on Sunday
- All Skills & Team Camp Commuters will receive dinner on Friday; lunch and dinner on Saturday.
- No meals will be provided at the Evening Clinic Series.
- Who will be coaching the camps?
- University of Pittsburgh’s Head Volleyball Coach, Dan Fisher, and staff along with current and former Pitt players will be coaching the camps. In addition, local club coaches and high school coaches will also take part in coaching the camps.
- If I have more questions, whom do I contact?