Northern Iowa's Special Team's Camp will give high school kickers, punters, and long snappers an opportunity to spend time working out with members of the Northern Iowa coaching staff learning the competitive aspect of special teams essential for performing at the collegiate level. The coaching staff will be joined by former Panther punters, kickers, and long snappers, including several former All-Conference and All-American performers. On site for the Northern Iowa Special Teams Camp will be Panther Alumni Derrick Frost (03'). Frost spent six seasons as a Punter in the NFL with the Cleveland Browns, Washington Redskins, and Green Bay Packers.
Camp participants will leave the Northern Iowa Special Team's Camp with:
- An understanding of effective timing needed for success at the college level
- An understanding of tools needed to compete for a Collegiate Scholarship
- An understanding of transitioning to kicking from the ground rather than a block (placekickers)
- An understanding of how to lead your special teams unit to success by increased practice with a snap, hold, and kick
- An understanding of how to review film clips and make adjustments (utilizing on field I-Pads)
- An understanding of how to mentally prepare to perform under pressure
- An understanding of strength and conditioning essentials to grow as a collegiate Punter, Kicker, or Long Snapper
- All cancellations will still be charged a $25 transaction fee.
- ***Long Snappers are recommended to bring shoulder pads and a helmet for camp***