JR. UTE FOOTBALL FUNDAMENTALS CAMP
For Youth Grades 2-6 (as of fall 2018)
Date: Friday June 8, 2018
- Half day, non-contact camp. No previous football experience necessary.
- Instruction and drills with a focus on proper fundamentals and technique for both offensive and defensive positions.
- Campers are encouraged to have fun, exercise and do well in school through motivational talks given by our staff and players.
- All activities are overseen and coached by University of Utah Football staff and current players.
- Participation Includes an official Utah Football Camp T-shirt
- Camp will be held at the Eccles Football Center, 580 S. Guardsman Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84112
This camp is open to any and all entrants, restricted only by age and number of participants.
SCHEDULE AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
8-9:00AM - Registration and Check-in
9:00AM - Camp Welcome - Coach Whittingham
Utah Football Staff and Player Introductions
9:15AM - Dynamic Warm-up
9:30AM - Offense / Defense / Special Teams Stations
10:10AM - Break
10:25AM - Offense / Defense / Special Teams Stations
11:05AM - Football Obstacle Course Competition
11:30AM - Lunch
12:00PM - Camp Ends
CAMPER PICK-UP: Camper pick-up will be at 12 Noon. Pick-up location will be on Guardsman Way in front of the Eccles Football Center. Please pick up your camper on time!
CAMP PRACTICE LOCATION: Practice will be held at the Spence Eccles Field House (indoor practice facility) and the Utah Football Practice Field (immediately west of the Spence Eccles Field House)
PARKING: Please park in the Guardsman parking lot directly east of the Eccles Football Center on Guardsman Way. All other campus parking lots and street parking will be subject to parking tickets by University Police and the Salt Lake Police Department. Any citations issued will be your responsibilty for payment.
WHAT TO BRING/REQUIRED EQUIPMENT: This is a non-padded camp. Shirt, shorts and football cleats or sneakers are recommended. Each camper will receive an official Utah Football Camp t-shirt.
LUNCH: Lunch will be provided. Water will be available to campers during practice.
WATCHING PRACTICE: Parents and family are welcome to observe camp. Please keep your chairs as far as possible from the sidelines and end zone areas.
***INSURANCE AND MEDICAL CARE: Each camper must be covered by his or her parent’s medical insurance. A professional medical trainer is on duty at all physical activities during the day. If your child is injured and needs to be taken to urgent care, we will attempt to contact you first. If we are unable to contact you immediately, your child’s safety is our first concern and he or she will be taken to the proper medical facility. Every attempt will be made to contact you subsequently.